Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sunny California???

Naggiar Vineyard next door

Um, no?  We're having a real winter this year - 20 days of rain in December, and now our typical foggy and cold January.  A week ago I woke up to a 25 degree morning (yes in California), and as much as I wanted to snuggle back down into my polar fleece sheets, I knew there was a winter wonderland waiting outside for me to photograph.  Time is of the essence, not only to get the light right, but because I still need to ride horses and give lessons.  So, I went out and made some quick rounds, and here are some of the images I came up with, both on that brrrrrr cold day, and on some recent foggy days as well.  Remember that you can click on each image to see a larger version.


Jake very excited because mom is coming out of the house early!


Ice on the pond - this doesn't happen very often!


View from the back deck - Tristan surveying the morning


Close-up of Tristan's view


"Condo" by the pond

More of the vineyard at the end of the pasture aisle

It doesn't take one whack with the hammer to break the ice.........

...it takes two so the horses can drink!


Even the pigeons were hunkered down!

Eerie barn aisle


Foggy dew collecting on Maverick's eyelashes

And steam coming off of him after a ride


Then a fun turnout in the fog - wheee!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter