Sunday, August 15, 2010

Farmer's Market News, and.............

Jozsef immortalized on a Farmer's Market stand by my great friend Leslie Ann Webb

............a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has contacted me - either by email, card, flowers, or phone - whatever way felt best to them, to send their condolences and sympathy about Jozsef's passing.  I knew he touched a lot of lives, but there were many of you who had had some sort of contact with him, either riding, breeding to, or simply being around, who I forgot had been so moved by him.  I've been very touched by the outpouring of support from people near and far.  The above stand for the market was painted by my friend, and famous artist, Leslie Ann Webb.  She took the image from my last blog and "did her thing"!  And below is a great "Throne" that my friends made for me using the stall sign that has always been on Jozsef's stall............what a great idea, and how special it felt to find it waiting for me at the barn last night!  Thank you to everyone..............




Thank you ;)


Now, on to the Farmer's Market and Garden...........

Today was the "Official" opening of the Farmer's Market, along with our monthly Sunday Brunch.  It's been a long while since I've posted anything about the garden, (see the side bar post listed under "of interest....." to the right to have a look at the beginning of the garden) but it's thriving, and I'm very pleased with it!  For my first attempt at growing food to eat, I think things have gone very well, indeed.  I say "I" and "my", but, as I've posted before, it is a "community" effort, and (again) I want to thank everyone who has been a part of it.  Here are some images of the garden from this morning.........














There really are a lot of veggies, but the flowers are so great to photograph!



Along with growing the garden, we've been getting the Big Red Truck ready to serve as the Market stand.  I'm very pleased with how things are turning out on that front as well................






Seth's "Two Guy's" local honey


My chalkboard made out of an old window frame and chalkboard paint.


Ralph, a fellow photography buff


Bob at the cashier's stand


Chris hiding behind her sunflowers


Yea!  A food transaction taking place!


Pastels by Jeanine Christman and mosaics by Linda Lansky and Joan Fields


Jewelry by Laurie Finta


Yum - tomatoes!





So, next time you see the above sign out on the road (every Sunday), take a left and come in to see what we have! 



Until later............. 
   

2 comments:

  1. Lesley- I'm so excited to come check out the Farmer's Market! xoxo- Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green beans were fantastic, I highly recommend them.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter